About SNEHA MERIN SURESH
A creative, resourceful and organized teacher, with five years of teaching experience and fluency in Spanish and English. Taught across curriculum in India and Kuwait, hence demonstrate a multi-cultural approach in teaching. Experience teaching IBDP, IB MYP and IGCSE at school level and A1, A2 and B1 at the University level.
I possess a Masters degree in Spanish and a certificate in teaching Spanish as a foreign language from the University of Valladolid, Spain.
- 2014THE ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES UNIVERSITY
During my Masters, I was awarded the Merit Scholarship to pursue my education. I studied Linguistics: morphology, syntax and phonetics, Histories of the Hispanic World, Literatures of the Hispanic World, Translation and its theory, Literary theories: different teaching theories, Teaching methodology, discussed and read contemporary Spanish World. To receive my Masters, I had to submit a thesis on any topic of my interest. I researched and developed comparisons on the topic \'Magical Realism\', a writing technique used by the world famous writer Gabriel Garcia Marquez and many others. I explored the literatures of South America and India to demonstrate how the writing teachnique was implemented in them. During my Bachelors (Graduation), I studied the Culture, History and Literature of the Spanish speaking countries. I also had to study English as my second langauge since I majored in Spanish. I attended various seminars and workshops held at the University and was part of all the co-curricular activities held throughout the Academic years.
- 2012THE ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES UNIVERSITY
During my Bachelors (Graduation), I studied the Culture, History and Literature of the Spanish speaking countries. I also had to study English as my second langauge since I majored in Spanish. I attended various seminars and workshops held at the University and was part of all the co-curricular activities held throughout the Academic years.
- 2018University of Valladolid
Attended the two- week Programme for Teachers of Spanish as a Second Language at the University of Valladolid, Spain. During the training period I was accompanied by teachers of Spanish from around the world and we were taught the following topics: 1. Uses and rules of Spanish 2. Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language 3. Developing the four skills: Listening, reading, writing and speaking 4. Digital resources to teach Spanish 5. The coloquial Spanish in the teaching of Spanish
- 2018La fundación de la lengua y la cultura española, Valladolid, Spain
Attended Advanced level Spanish course at La fundación de la lengua y la cultura española on scholarship for two weeks. Also attended the Jornada Formativa de Profesores E/LE - Workshop for Spanish Teachers organized by La Fundación para la Difusión de la Lengua y la Cultura española y Editorial EDINUMEN in Valladolid, Spain. Workshop leaders were the renowned online Educator Elena Prieto and Alvaro Sesmilo, Spanish Professor and member of EDINUMEN Editorial.
• Conduct online Spanish classes for IBDP AbInitio and Spanish Certificate students from across the world. • Tutor students from the GUST University, Kuwait. • Online MYP Spanish facilitator for Oakridge International School, India.
- 2017 - 2018IQRA\'A BILINGUAL SCHOOL, KUWAIT
• Conducted lessons in lieu with the Inquiry Cycle of IB PYP • Engaged students in English reading, writing and speaking activities, arranged Skype sessions with writers from different parts of the world • Catalogued and categorized books according to the DDC System in the Library • PYP Exhibition : Mentor and Social Media In-charge • Delivered sessions on Academic Honesty • Performance Manager for the Drama Productions.
- 2015 - 2017OAKRIDGE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, INDIA
• Part of both the IBDP and IB MYP teams that underwent the authorization process. • Taught and delivered IBDP Spanish AbInitio, IB MYP Language Acquisition (Spanish), IGCSE Spanish for Grades IX and X and CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) Spanish for Grades VI – VIII. • Coordinator of the Student Council and House In-charge. • Assistant Coordinator for the Model United Nations Conference held at Oakridge International School, Bengaluru. • Designed and integrated differential teaching and learning strategies • Used flipped class methodology
- 2015 - 2017BANGALORE UNIVERSITY
Conducted classes for Certificate Level Spanish students at the University.
- 2011 - 2014Freelancer
• Translated financial documents (Documentos de BanComer, Mexico) and other technical documents for multinational companies. • INTERPRETED FOR Delegations from Costa Rica and Brazil in the United Nation\'s Biodiversity Conference. An Argentinean delegation representing the province of Santa Fe in the BioAsia Conference. Delegations from Secretaria de Salud, Mexico
- 2012 - 2014Ramakrishna Matt and Maitrise, Hyderabad, India
Taught Spanish (A1 and A2 levels)
- 2010 - 2011Part-time Freelancer
Worked as English Trainer at Ignis Careers, India and Believers Church Residential School, India.