About Audrey Oduor
Highly capable professional and passionate English teacher with a focus on student learning and engagement. With over 5 years of service in middle to high school academic setting both internationally and locally, able to effectively communicate with students from diverse backgrounds with varying degrees of ability. Exceptional knowledge of delivering instruction with technology and empowering students to use valuable resources. Excellent understanding of curriculum development and assessment methods based on research and practice.
2011 - 2014
Mount Kenya University- Kenya
Bachelor of Education (Arts) English Literature Second Class Upper Division
2016 - Present
Arabian Pearl Gulf School Bahrain
• Developing English lesson plans in line with the IGCSE and IBDP curriculum
• Helping students understand, speak, read and write in English.
• Delivering engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons
• Classroom management: Preparing English and literature classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts
• Evaluating the students’ class work and assignments
• Team leader/ mentor for new teachers of English and co-curricular activities
• Editor for school yearbook
• Home room tutor for grade 10
• MUN supervisor and trainer
• Trainer for speech contest (Voices) Grade 9 to 12
• Judge for middle school Creative arts Competition
2016 - 2016
Aga Khan Academy Senior School, Kenya
I served as a maternity cover Teacher for a duration of about 4 months.
• Taught reading comprehension, composition, and literary analysis of International Baccalaureate Middle years programme to 85 diverse students through large, small, and individual instruction.
• Collaborated with other Literature teachers across the Mastery network to share resources
• Instructed students with moderate learning disabilities and emotional disturbances.
• Home room tutor for grade 9(MYP 3)
• Assistant teacher for film production and drama including directing the school play Rumours by Neil Simon
• Supervisor for short films and documentary for Diploma 2 (IBDP 2) and grade 11s (MYP 5)
• Trainer for choral verses, public speaking and debate moderator