About Victoria Fernandez
- Viewed 364
I am Victoria, a Spanish qualified teacher with experience in 4 different countries as a Kindergarten and Primary School Teacher for more than 12 years. I worked in Montessori and Reggio Emilia schools in Europe (England, Spain and Germany) and the Middle East, and at the moment, I am back home in Spain since I finished a temporary contract as a private tutor in Egypt.
I am looking for a challenge opportunity for a long-term commitment.
I find my natural teaching instincts, my warm personality, my creative and multilingual skills in English, Italian, Spanish and German, my experience in education for more than 12 years in four different countries, as well as my studies would make me a great candidate.
I am a very friendly, adaptable, positive and enthusiastic person, quick learner, with good organization and personal skills. I am a good team player, but also I am able to deal with difficult and stressful situations, and I am confident with my job, which I really enjoy.
In my free time, I like walking my dog, dancing and creating my own children´s books.
- 2004 - 2008 University of Almeria, Spain.
Mention to special educational needs.
- 2011 - 2013 University of Almeria.
Internhips in Vale School, London.
- 2018 - 2021 IBMS
* Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment.
* Following the Montessori guidelines, focused on developing social, physical, intellectual and emotional skills, as well as assessing children´s individual needs.
* Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
* Motivating students with enthusiastic and imaginative presentations.
* Teaching students a variety of subjects including English, Ethics, Science, Arts and Mathematics.
* Assigning and correcting homework.
* Follow the national curriculum.
- 2017 - 2018 Kids Camp
* Childcare duties in different groups (between 2 and 6 years old).
* Working in a team of 3 teachers, leading the English part.
* Organising motivational activities in order to teach English.
* Ensuring the kids safety and happiness.
* Attending parents evenings and being an active part of the school events.
* Writing reports and monthly newsletters.
- 2015 - 2017 Young Futures
Spanish and English support teacher of a private family with special educational needs kids in London, England.
* Ensuring the children’s safety and wellbeing.
* Plan and coordinate daily motivational activities, to improve several skills such as: communication, interaction, hygiene and independence, through positive behaviour techniques, exploration, fun and educational games, songs and creative arts and crafts.
* We built a partnership between parents, children, teaching assistants and psychotherapist where we learn all together to promote the personal, academic, social and creative abilities of the toddles.
- 2015 - 2017 ‘Mace Montessori’ .
* Identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, positive, stimulating
and supportive learning environment, to bring the best out of the student (The first year in the
Montessori school where she attended, and the last 3 months in her house).
* Building rapport and gaining the child’s trust, as well as giving the best possible to a great
* Preparing and delivering lessons and resources, adapted to the child’s needs and
interests in order to reach his full educational potential, and following the national
* Working with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the student in
relation to the curriculum.
* Behaviour management.
- 2014 - 2015 Kidville
* Providing first-class quality childcare for young children aged 1 year and up to 6, ensuring that children are comfortable, safe and having fun learning in their environment.
* Planning and coordinate daily class activities creating the best possible learning environment for the class group whilst recognizing and addressing individual child’s needs and interests.
* Leading groups of young children and their parents/caregivers through different motivational and educational activities in the afternoon classes: art and enrichment.
* Observing children in their learning environment and complete progress reports for each child’s development and achievement, as well as documentation on daily basis.
* Collaborating sporadically with our New York branch, designing art projects to be included in the art lesson plan.
* Coordinating a small team of 3 assistant teachers.
- 2010 - 2014 El Saliente
Teacher in a children protection center with children with diverse backgrounds and from different countries (from new-borns to 15 years old) in Almeria, Spain.
Sleep and potty training with the new-borns and supporting the older kids with subjects like Spanish and English as foreign languages and esteem and communicative workshops.